Every week you get a chance to win free seeds at allnaturalme.seedsnow.com/pages/win and this week the seeds to be given away are Alfalfa Sprouts!! (the crowd goes wild)
Alfalfa is one of the healthiest and easiest sprouts you can grow!
– Extremely high in protein, calcium, plus other minerals and vitamins in the B group, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
– Alfalfa is extremely easy to grow.
– All organic. All natural.
How to Grow Sprouts
The easiest method is to grow sprouts in a Mason jar. To provide plenty of fresh air, cover the top with the mesh screen.
Step One: Soaking
For a quart-sized jar, put 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of small seeds (up to 1 cup if using larger seeds like green peas or garbanzo) in the sprouting jar. Cover top of jar with cloth or sprouting lid and rinse the seeds in warm (not hot) water. Drain and refill so that water is about an inch above the seeds. Let the seeds soak 8-12 hours (overnight). Protect from light by covering with a dish towel or placing in a cupboard.
Step Two: Rinsing
Rinse 2 to 3 times per day for 2 to 3 days. After thoroughly draining the rinse water, lay the jar on its side to spread out the seeds. Do not expose to light. After 2 to 3 days the sprouts should be filling up the jar.
Things to Remember:
1. Rinse often (2-3 times/day).
2. Keep them moist, not wet.
3. Keep them at room temperature.
4. Give them air to breathe.
5. Don’t grow too many in one container.
6. Keep them in a dark place.
And then BOOM – Sprouts!!!