Commercial air fresheners that are loaded with chemicals suck.
I’m going to skip picking a fight with you and assume that you already know all about the nasty chemicals like phthalates that are in them and DO NOT use them yourself. And of course it would be silly for me to even think of the possibility that you might have a gross country candle burning on your stove… you don’t, do you?
Actually, You are probably so very much an All Natural Me that you have loads of creative organic ways of keeping your home and car smelling so lovely that you don’t even need me to list my favorite all natural air fresheners but, I will anyways, just so you can forward this info along to your friends and family who haven’t quite gotten the hint to lay the F – off of the damn air fresheners and scented cleaning products!
My gawd people! (not you, your dumb friends) What the heck are you trying to cover up anyways? A dirty house, funky garbage, your husbands feet, the sixteen litter boxes? For those specific smells, I would recommend cleaning every once in a while, taking it outside, encouraging good hygiene and supplementing with zinc and downsizing. And for the love…
Next time your home smells like ka-ka-poo-poo, try these all natural ways to freshen the air:
1. Open your windows and get fresh air into your home. In with the new, out with the stinky.
2. Grow indoor plants and aromatic herbs to help clean the air and infuse good green smells.
3. Turn to your friends Mr. Baking Soda and Miss Vinegar. They are great for homemade cleaning recipes and, if you just leave some sitting out, they absorb odors. Yeah, no kidding.
4. Buy a couple extra bars of handmade soap and display them in a pretty dish until you need a new bar. It will naturally freshen your bathroom all the time. And it’s so Martha Stewart, who can resist?
5. Use essential oils diluted with water in a spray bottle as a natural air freshener to spritz a room back to lovely after someone leaves a stinker.
6. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a clay stone to naturally scent an area and wear oils on yourself. You’ll be like a walking air freshener wherever you go.
7. Throw out your Apple Pie scented candle and BAKE a Freakin’ REAL Apple Pie!
8. And as a last resort, when your place really does smell like crap, burn a stick of all natural incense. Not the best thing you can do for air quality control but certain occasions may demand it. Even if you never light them up, incense cones & sticks do their part to infuse natural scents if you strategically place them around your home.
Like up in your stinky Aaaaa… ummm, attic.